My Introduction and Brief Timeline of the Preparation

Hello everyone!

I am Vidushi Singh. I have secured AIR 13 in UPSC CSE 2022. My Optional Subject was Economics.

I was born in the heritage capital of Rajasthan, Jodhpur, but I have spent most of my life in the holy city of Ayodhya. After completing my schooling from J B Academy, Ayodhya in 2018, I went on to pursue my B. A. (Hons.) Economics from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), University of Delhi. I graduated in 2021 and since I was only 20 years old then, I decided to effectively utilise the buffer year of 2021-2022 to prepare for CSE. I gave my first attempt in 2022 and was fortunate enough to get through.

I started my preparation bit-by-bit in the third year of my college. After COVID Lockdown, I stayed and did all my preparation from my home. My batch experienced the 'online' graduation, and hence I could take a lot of time out to read the basic books for the exam. I started with reading the NCERTs from Class 6th to 12th for subjects like History, Geography, and Polity in my 5th semester. I then followed this through by reading the standard books like Spectrum, Laxmikant, Nitin Singhania, etc. in my final semester. Because I had already covered the basics on my own, I decided not to go for coaching for GS and enrolled in 4 months long economics optional course at Next IAS under Vibhas Sir.

After my end-semester exam in June 2021, I immediately enrolled myself in Integrated Prelims-cum-Mains Test Series at GS Score to start answer writing. This provided the requisite discipline and consistency to my preparation. Every weekend, I used to write a half-length prelims as well as mains test, and gradually in around 6 months, I could cover the major portions of GS Syllabus. 

Meanwhile, I also ensured that I am giving 2.5-3 hours everyday to my optional preparation, and I could easily cover the syllabus along with GS preparation in 4 months. Finally, January 2022 was the transition month, wherein I started giving prelims offline mock (with OMR Filling), and February onwards, full-fledged prelims prep had begun. However, before February I ensured that 70% of my Optional was covered and revised at least 2 times, which really made things easier after prelims.

Through this blog, I attempt to share my strategy for the main exam in particular. I have been extremely lucky in getting through this exam in my first attempt as a fresh graduate at the age of 22. My prelims marksheet is a testimony to that. I scored only 70 in CSAT because I neglected this paper and could not fathom the mental pressure that one actually faces while attempting the CSAT paper. Therefore, even though my name is Vidushi (literally meaning an intelligent woman), I am still a novice. However, I am hopeful that through my experience someone somewhere might learn something. So please tread on your own risk through this Strategy by a Novice Vidushi!

I am attaching my marksheets below for reference. 

Mains Marksheet of Vidushi Singh, AIR 13













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper-wise Answer Writing Strategy

Economics Optional Strategy